Last Stated Presbytery Meeting
Stated Presbytery Meeting – November 9-10, 2018
A big thank you to Columbia! You were welcoming, gracious and helpful. What a wonderful, spacious place for a meeting. Also the dinner, snacks and pizza all displayed how deliciously you know how to host.
Top 5 Points of Business to report back to your congregations:
- 5. Grab your wallet: Per capita rate will be $35.50 for 2019.
- 4. To her credit, we owe her a debit of gratitude: Bookkeeper Diane Wells honored after completing 15 years of service.
So get off your assets!
- 3. For those who inquired: Four Inquirers moved to Candidates for Ministry:
- Annica Gage (Tualatin,Tualatin)
- Rachel Stramel (Orenco, Hillsboro)
- Sue Van Stelle (Calvin, Tigard)
- Trevor Walters (Bethany, Portland)
- 2. Keep your telephones in working order: Jeff Fox (First, Medford) and Brian Reeves (First, Roseburg) elected to Nominating Committee.
- 1. Presbytery focus on homelessness and housing continues: Julia West House in Portland to be sold and redeveloped as Low income housing.
- 0. Will other presbyteries follow our lead? Cascades votes to ratify four amendments to Book of Order and reject a fifth.
- -1. Who is saying that? Inquirers excused from meeting but overheard discussion of their suitability through the P.A. system.
- Here’s a link to the MEETING MINUTES
We smashed our recent record for attendance: 103 ministers of the Word & Sacrament, 83 elder Commissioners, 1 Certified Christian Educator and a parakeet trained to say “second” !
CONSENSUS HAS IT! Everyone who voted expressed interest in MORE time for Connecting and Fellowship at future meetings.
We collected $700 for SHARE HOUSE VANCOUVER the only shelter for single men in Clark County. It includes 30 beds for single men for a 30-60 day stay; 25 additional beds available for a 2-year transitional housing.