Our Last Stated Presbytery Meeting
March 15 and 16, 2019
Spring Presbytery Wrap Up Part I—let’s get down to business:
- The 3.2% Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) was changed from mandatory to recommended. The Commission on Ministry was ordered to recommend ways to balance justice issues related to compensation with the financial health of congregations.
- Commission on Preparation for Ministry Candidate Michelle Olson, aced her (oral) ordination examination and will be ordained at 2 pm on April 7th at Lake Grove Presbyterian Church in Lake Oswego. Congratulations Michelle!
- $10,000 was set aside for participants of the 2019 Youth Triennium in Indiana. Go Youth!
- Presbytery approved a new way to nominate General Assembly Commissioners. Elders and ministers can now apply rather than waiting for the Nominating Committee to approach them first. The application process is open to everyone. Click here (for Minister of the Word Application) Click here (for Ruling Elder Application) & apply now for Baltimore 2020! Click here (for Commissioner Application Policy)
- Voted to concur with 5 amendments to the Constitution.
To read Presbytery Wrap Up Part II featuring – joy and gratitude! Click here
See Videos from the Meeting Link
November 15 and 16, 2019 at Southminster Presbyterian Church in Beaverton, Oregon