We are exceedingly grateful that many of you sent us the splendid selection of Holy Week events which we reported in our special April 17 issue. We also know that there will be a rich and inspiring array of Easter services transpiring this weekend. Unfortunately, we cannot not make an exhaustive list of them all. If there is something you feel should be highlighted, please send your information to Steve Parker and he will try to post it on Facebook during the next couple of days.
- Portland Kenilworth Presbyterian Church experiences and presents Bright Sunday on April 28. See the original skit: “The Prodigal Comes to Portland,” the Galilean Gekko, open mic, and more holy humor. 10:30 am
- Portland Moreland Correction – Maundy Thursday is at 6 pm, not 7 pm. Good Friday Taizé Prayer is at 6 pm. Easter Sunday Worship at 8:30 am and 10:30 am
- Lake Oswego Lake Grove – (Additions to previous information) We also have a wonderful Maundy Thursday communion service, and an especially impactful Good Friday Tenebrae service, with string ensemble and massive choir, both at 7:30 pm
- Portland St. Andrew’s – Maundy Thursday Agape Meal, 6 pm, Good Friday Tenebrae Service 7:30 pm. Easter Communion 10 am.
- Lebanon’s Good Friday service starting at 7:00 pm will be a dramatic reading by the participants giving voice to those who were involved in the crucifixion of Jesus.
Immediately following will be Watch and Pray, a number of self-directed stations that artistically describe the journey of Jesus and give the participant time to think and reflect on each step.